|"Deconstructed, Part Four"|
|Series:||Hulk (She-Hulk volume 4)|
|First Published:||May 2017|
|Previous Issue:||Hulk (She-Hulk v4) 3|
|Next Issue:||Hulk (She-Hulk v4) 5|
HAUNTED BY SPECTERS OF THE PAST!
- Trying to rebuild her own life and law career, JENNIFER WALTERS is determined to help her newest client, MAISE BREWN, a woman on the verge of eviction and a massive nervous meltdown.
- Once an outgoing yoga instructor, a brutal attack changed Maise’s life forever. Now a reclusive shut-in, Maise wants Jen’s help... More than that, she wants a promise, that Jen will help her keep her home. And if Jen can’t, Maise has another plan, a menacing force of her own.
- What happens when a fear is so strong, it becomes a destructive force in its own right? Jen is about to find out.
"Deconstructed, Part Four"Edit
In her apartment, Jennifer Walters ponders over what had happened to her client Maise Brewn, and how her situation was similar to Jen's own. Meanwhile, Maise curls up on her bed in her apartment, asking her shadow if it will protect her, to which it replies, "Yes."
Bradley, Jen's assistant, enters her office and tells Jen he's been calling Maise every fifteen minutes with no luck. He also tells her that he and his boyfriend have made bagels for her. Jen then has an appointment with a large Inhuman woman who had broken a chair at the store Debeau and Beau Fine Furniture. Jennifer decides to just go to Maise Brewn's apartment as she refuses to answer her calls.
At Maise's apartment, Jen is unable to get help from an elderly man walking by, as he just ignores her. Another elderly man tells Jen where Maise's apartment is, but warns her to leave soon as it may not be safe for her. Outside, two police officers search for the investigators that were investigating Mr. Tick's murder. They find the investigators' bodies in an alleyway.
Jen knocks on Maise's door. She lets her in, but doesn't want to talk about her past. Jennifer tells Maise that Tick had sold the apartment building months ago and that the buyers are going to redevelop. Maise, enraged, protests that Jennifer promised to protect her. "I have no choice now. You gave me no choice," she says as she's enveloped by the shadow creature. The creature prepares to attack Jennifer.
- Christina Harrington -- Assistant Editor
- Jeff Dekal -- Cover Artist
- Mark Paniccia -- Editor
- Mariko Tamaki -- Writer
- Matt Milla -- Colorist
- Nico Leon -- Artist
- VC's Cory Petit -- Letterer
Individuals (in order of appearance)Edit
- Maise Brewn
- Ray Hutchinson's Hired Assassins
- Maise Brewn's Mysterious Shadow Friend
- Large female Inhuman
- Officer Mark and his female partner
- Two unnamed investigators
- Thanos (flashback)
- New York City, New York